Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Resume Objective

Simon
05-18-2006, 11:56 AM
I am thinking of starting a new career but I don't have experience. Should i write in my Objective that I need and want a career change and would they consider my previous experience at all?

Luke333
05-18-2006, 02:47 PM
The career objective part of your resume should be written by keeping in mind "what the employer wants". It's not about you, but about the employer's needs. Check out some resume samples on the Web and you'll see what I mean. There are over 50 resume samples on WorkBloom if you are interested.

Tsveta
05-19-2006, 09:23 AM
You can change your Objective for every job you are sending you Resume for. If you are sales rep. for pharmaceutical company and you want to work in advertizing I don't see why not, your experience as a sales person will be definitely a bonus.... You know what I mean? Don't be afraid of career change. It diversifies your resume. Some employers look for that.

Ronin
05-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Yes I agree. They want to see that you have ambition and goals.
They dont like people who are stagnant and have no ambition.
Thats my experience anyway :)

Simon
05-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Thank you all for the suggestions! It is very encouraging!

lookingforjob
05-23-2006, 11:54 AM
You have to customize your resume for every job you apply (not only the objective part). This will greatly improve your chances to get the job.

Tsveta
05-24-2006, 08:15 AM
I am thinking of starting a new career but I don't have experience. Should i write in my Objective that I need and want a career change and would they consider my previous experience at all?

Don't use your previous resume. It won't work. You should research the field you are trying to get into and to understand what the employers need form their workers. Then emphasise your qualifications, write new Objective.
After you list all your skills and qualifications just list all your previous jobs with no description.

Ladyluck
05-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Yes, good point. Using older resumes is a no-no. It wont get you anywhere.
You should update it at EVERY job, not just monthly or yearly :)