Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : language issue

jason
05-19-2006, 10:06 AM
My wife doesn't know English very well. Is that gonna, be a problem for her to find a job and are there any classes to learn English/French?

Ronin
05-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Yes there are many short courses you can take. Where can you live?
Contact a local college.

Also look in bookstores, there are really excellent packages you can buy now with books and tapes/DVDs etc.

Tsveta
05-22-2006, 12:29 PM
There are classes for new immigrants that are called ESL (English as a Second language). There are lots of schools and once you land, in Canada, the immigrations will give you a welcome package with info how to get started and where to go and sign up for classes.

Get more info here:
http://www.costi.org/programs/service_details.php?stype_id=36

Simon
05-23-2006, 08:34 AM
As a newcomer you have no problems to start learning English, but I would suggest to start classes in your home country too because the classes here are from 9 to 3 and you won’t have time to work and the more you know before coming here, the better

lookingforjob
05-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Your wife should start learning English as soon as possible, even if you are not in Canada yet. Once you are here she can go to ESL and continue here education there.

jason
06-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions! My wife has sign up for a very intensive course. 6 hours a day 5 days a week for 3 months. She is very satisfied and she is advancing fast. Once we come to Canada she will continue with the English classes.
Thanks again