Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Entry Level Positions?

RAYSOC
05-08-2008, 12:33 PM
I graduated last April 2007 with a dual Major in Business and Computer Science.

I worked the summer then took off 4 months to back pack through europe. Came back took my Part time job at the bank back and have been recouperating my expenses. Now I need a career. I have been posting internally at the bank with no luck thus far.

My problem is I dont know what jobs my degree qualifies me for, Id prefer a Marketing Analyst Role, but have only ever found Business or IT Business Analyst roles. I have no real idea on how to find jobs or where to look.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Administrator
05-09-2008, 10:42 AM
I graduated last April 2007 with a dual Major in Business and Computer Science.

I worked the summer then took off 4 months to back pack through europe. Came back took my Part time job at the bank back and have been recouperating my expenses. Now I need a career. I have been posting internally at the bank with no luck thus far.

My problem is I dont know what jobs my degree qualifies me for, Id prefer a Marketing Analyst Role, but have only ever found Business or IT Business Analyst roles. I have no real idea on how to find jobs or where to look.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Hi,

If you prefer a Marketing Analyst Role and don't have the necessary qualifications maybe you should get some additional training. Also keep looking for a job and try the major job search engines and recruiting agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp). Don't look for a job only in the bank you for now.[/font]

RAYSOC
05-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Where would I find credible certifications or training programs to launch me into a Marketing Analyst role?

For a Business Analyst the programs all require X amount of years as a BA first...

Is there no Entry level job market for grads? Or a resource, just something I can use to get my foot in the door.

Thanks!

tasrazvi
05-19-2008, 12:13 AM
I think Market Research Groups like Mckinsey, Frost & sullivan etc are the places where you must look for a profile like yours.

Good Luck.