Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Governement job

kopenhagen
05-22-2006, 12:36 PM
I try to apply to afew government jobs, most of them are only 1 year contract and temp, why Government doesn't offer permanent job? unless after 1 year, they extent to permanent?

Tsveta
05-22-2006, 12:43 PM
They do offer permanent positions. If you get a contract with them most likely they'll convert you to permanent after 1 year. If you want to work for the government apply for the job. If they don't extend the contract, at least it will look good on your resume.

kopenhagen
05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
They do offer permanent positions. If you get a contract with them most likely they'll convert you to permanent after 1 year. If you want to work for the government apply for the job. If they don't extend the contract, at least it will look good on your resume.

do you know which industry government can offer permanent jobs?

Thanks

lowlight22
05-23-2006, 09:47 PM
The government IS an industry :)

Yes there different fields of work within government but you are still essentially working for the same people.
________
iphone jailbreak (http://jailbroken.org)

lookingforjob
05-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Yes every government is a big EXPENSIVE machine. I read somewhere that every 6th employee in US works for the government. Now wonder they have this huge budget deficit. I'll be surprised if the case with Canada is any different.

Bronco
05-25-2006, 11:33 PM
Not all governments have defecit though. I dont keep up with the finances of the government, but they dont employ people who they cant afford to pay.

Remember its like a business- schools, departments etc earn money from society to pay the workers (and profit)

lookingforjob
05-29-2006, 12:42 PM
I dont keep up with the finances of the government, but they dont employ people who they cant afford to pay.

They can afford to pay them simply because they can print money at will, that's why ;)

April
05-29-2006, 10:00 PM
They can afford to pay them simply because they can print money at will, that's why ;)

haha good point.
It doesnt work like that though ;)

lookingforjob
05-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Are you saying that the government doesn't print money at will?

whitey
05-31-2006, 09:46 PM
Of course the government dont print money at will, that would make the word inflation completely pointless :D

Seriously though... is that a serious question?