Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Chef on the look out!

James Bond
05-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi avid forum readers

I just arrived in GTA with my lovely Canadian wife and I'm looking for a job as a chef in either a swanky restaurant or a hotel restaurant. I have traveled and worked in the US, Carribean, Hong Kong and Thailand. I originally come from the UK and also have 2 years experience in London.
I have tried the the obvious routes of sending my resume to Fairmont and Four Seasons along with a few job search sites such as monster.

If anyone can make any suggestions or who know of any position available please let me know

Cheers

Tsveta
05-23-2006, 07:56 AM
You can try leaving resumes at the restaurants and try talking to their managers. You have a lot of experience and this is a great bonus!
This is the web site of the Canadian Culinary Federation : http://www.ccfcc.ca/ I hope this will help!

lookingforjob
05-23-2006, 11:39 AM
You mentioned that you did some job searches on monster, but have you published your resume there? If not, do so and make sure that your resume is updated frequently. Add your resume to workopolis.com too (they have more jobs compared to monster.ca) Recruiters search both workopolis.com and monster.ca resume databases daily, and you might be missing offers if you don't have you resume online.

James Bond
05-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks guys!
All your help is greatly appreciated

Cheers