Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Summer Student Jobs?

Booms
05-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey, I'm an Irish student coming on a working visa to Toronto this summer and i'm just wondering what types of jobs should i apply for, as in what would i have most success with? Also any tips where to start?:)

lookingforjob
05-19-2008, 08:21 PM
I guess the type of job you should apply for, will depend on your skills and education. Does your working visa have any restrictions as far as the job type is concerned?

Booms
05-25-2008, 07:39 AM
well the only restriction is that i cant work in healthcare. I've 2 years of a degree in environmental science done, so ideally i'd love to get a job in that field, but the chances of that would be slim methinks.

Tsveta
05-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Hi, try the major job search engines monster.ca and workopolis.com. Also you can contact recruiting agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/)in Canada.

Workaholic0099
07-07-2008, 02:57 AM
Hi there - i know its a bit early but i am looking for an internship for next summer and wondered if anyone could recommend any organisations - i have an MA in art history and visual studies and have work experience in marketing and search engine optimization - not too fussy about location but ideally would like to work in Calgary or Toronto. Thanks