Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Recruiters and career change

Simon
05-24-2006, 08:39 AM
How do the recruiters react when they learn you want a career change? I know that they send only a few people to a job interview and they want those people to be the best candidates and get the job. Are they doing to consider me as a serious candidate when I don't have related experience?

:confused:

lookingforjob
05-24-2006, 09:09 AM
Most likely you won't be the best candidate if you don't have experience in the field you want to work in. There are ways around this, like relating your previous experience and your skills to the new profession, demonstrating that you learn fast, that you would be a good employee, etc.

Tsveta
05-25-2006, 02:40 PM
You will have to be more persuasive. Did you find any recruitment agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1)to work with?

Simon
06-13-2006, 01:33 PM
You will have to be more persuasive. Did you find any agencies to work with?

I've got a couple of calls from recruiters but nothing serious. I'm encouraged because I thought I'll get none. I have finished rewriting my Resume and will start calling and emailing every day.

lowlight22
06-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I've got a couple of calls from recruiters but nothing serious. I'm encouraged because I thought I'll get none. I have finished rewriting my Resume and will start calling and emailing every day.
Great attitude :)
You have alot of motivation and if that comes across in your interviews etc then they will be keen to take you on
Good luck Simon :)

Simon
06-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the encouragement. I'll keep you all posted. It is summer but the job market is good so there is a hope for me

:)