Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Pharmacy

Rahsten
05-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know how to go about becoming a certified Pharmacist in Canada, specifically British Columbia? I already hold a BA in Environmental Studies and Biology but as a graduate I have now become interested in the field of Pharmacy.

Any information regarding this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Tsveta
05-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Every province has different legislation so you have to check with BC pharmacist association to check what kind of degree and licenses you need.

Hansika
04-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Every province has different legislation so you have to check with BC pharmacist association to check what kind of degree and licenses you need.

Hi,
Recently i completed my graduation in 1st division and want to go in Canada. But the problem arises in my case that i have a IT background and the consultant says that in Canada there ia no scope in IT. so my question Is It true. Please help me I'm very confused

kimkk15
05-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Hello....

The first thing that you should know is where you want to live in Canada. As I said before, each province has its own rules. As an example, in Ontario, here’s what’s necessary to work as a pharmacist:

To practice pharmacy in Ontario, you must have a Certificate of Registration (license) as a Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP). You will need this certificate to use the title ‘Pharmacist’ and provide pharmacy services to the public in Ontario. Most pharmacists practice in a community pharmacy or in a hospital pharmacy. People with a degree in pharmacy also work in the pharmaceutical industry, education and administration. You may not need a Certificate of Registration for some of these positions. Check with individual employers to see whether a Certificate of Registration is required. In any case, a Certificate of Registration as a Pharmacist gives you a much better chance of getting work in your profession.