Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : How to succeed in personality tests?

corbinjack
06-07-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm doing a lot of job interviews these days. I'm applying for software development posts. I've recently earned my B.Sc. in CS, and this is my first serious job hunt ever. What sorts of questions are asked in a Personality Test? I'd appreciate any tips that can help me pass such a test successfully.

Tsveta
06-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Personality tests differ and most of the time it is difficult to guess what is the right answer. They are designed specifically to test how you react under pressure, how you react on criticism, if you can work in team and so on. I would suggest just being honest when completing a personality test. Otherwise you may give wrong and unwanted impression.
Here are some of the most common interview questions (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=4&sp=3)

Patrick01
06-19-2008, 03:43 AM
I'm doing a lot of job interviews these days. I'm applying for software development posts. I've recently earned my B.Sc. in CS, and this is my first serious job hunt ever. What sorts of questions are asked in a Personality Test? I'd appreciate any tips that can help me pass such a test successfully.

I'd just be as honest as possible. Your employer may value that above what some silly personality test says. I'll bet the personality test is just to weed out those who may have MAJOR incompatibility problems with people, so as long as you don't have a known history of social problems, I think you'll do fine.