Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : job searching

rjames
05-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Asking the right questions to the interviewer at the right moment often gives an advantage in getting the job. An interview is a two-way communication. I think its better if you also ask the interviewer about the company that you will be working with. I guess any interviewer that will be ask by an applicant about the job's description or the company's work, will be happy to get to work with the company because you have interest in working with them and not just for a work.

lana
05-29-2006, 09:06 AM
You must show interest in the company and knowledge of the company business. It will definitely improve your chances.

lookingforjob
05-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Showing interest and knowledge about the company will be a plus for sure. Every little bit counts, so do your research prior the interview and you will improve your chances of getting the job.

Simon
06-02-2006, 01:38 PM
You can ask strictly professional questions, like who will be your manager, to whom you will report and more here: http://www.jobforum.ca/showthread.php?t=71

I find all these 15 questions relevant but I doubt you'll have time to ask all of them.

bklyngrl
06-04-2006, 08:31 PM
want to first say HI to all! This is my first time here. Although this a Candadian board, I am American, but I don't think there's much discrimination when it comes to job hunting and the the agony of a job interview once you do get one;)

I have a job interview tomorrow and have been in agony all week. I was dismissed from a job of almost 2 years due to lack of commuication of job procedure. I absolutely dred having to saying I was 'dismissed'. But what else can I say??? Any thoughts would be greatly greatly appreciated!

lookingforjob
06-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Welcome :).

I wouldn't say "I was dismissed", but I would say for example "I left because the job wasn't challenging enough for me" or "at this stage of my career I decided that is time to move on...".

Good luck with the interview and let us know how it went.

Tsveta
06-06-2006, 11:40 AM
You can always make it look better than it actually was. Lookingforjob is right again.

How did it go?

Julie
06-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Welcome :).

I wouldn't say "I was dismissed", but I would say for example "I left because the job wasn't challenging enough for me" or "at this stage of my career I decided that is time to move on...".

Good luck with the interview and let us know how it went.

Those are the correct things to say, perfect in fact ;)
That way it doesnt make you look bad nor does it put a negative light on your past employer.