Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Need Job in Networking field

salman1karim
06-12-2008, 05:04 AM
Now a days i am working in kuwait since 2004 and i have round about 5 year experience in networking and as well in software field. Mv cv detail is mentioned below:

Salman Karim

Nationality Pakistani
Date of Birth 19th March 1981
Email salman1karim@yahoo.com
Contact No +965-6773701
Visa Type Article # 18
Religion Islam
Languages English, Urdu & Can Read Arabic

To obtain a position in a prestigious organization and explore my potential for work in field of Information Technology.

Education:

Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology
Hamdard University (Islamabad, Pakistan)
Aug. 1999 to Aug. 2003

Technical Knowledge & Skills

System Administration:

• LAN and WAN.
• Design and installations of networks (Server, switch, Hub).
• Troubleshooting of computer & peripherals.
• Configuring of servers particular Windows 2003, 2000.

Operating System:

• Windows 2003 (Server/ Client)
• Windows 2000 (Client/server full network support)
• Windows XP and Windows 2000 professional

Proxy Server:

• Win proxy 5.0
• Wingate Server
• Win Route 4.2.5

Name Servers:

• DHCP Server
• DNS Server
• WINS Server

Protocol:

• TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, SMSC,SMPT,IMAP4

Hardware:

• Full installation and configuration of Hp, Dell and IBM Intel Platform PCs.

Cable:

• A research Project and how the cables are working in course of Computer Network

Software:

Visual Basic, MS Acess, SQL & Crystal Report:

Project Title: Accounts & Sales Inventory System
Software Used: Visual Basic 6, MS Access 2003, Crystal Reports 10
Clients: Kuwait Kazmah Center (Kuwait)

Project Title: Movie Database
Software Used: Visual Basic 6, Access Database, Access Reports
Clients: Movie Shop (Kuwait)

Project Title: Winsock Chat Client
Software Used: Visual Basic 6
Client: University Project (Pakistan)

Project Title: Hospital Management System
Software Used: Visual Basic 6, SQL, Crystal Report 8
Client: Bismillah Taqi Blood and disease center. (Pakistan)

Project Title: Sales Inventory System
Software Used: Vb.net, MS Access 2003, Crystal Reports
Clients: China Zone Hotel (Kuwait)

Designing Skills:

Being friendly and with excellent communication skills I have always been able to get the most out of end-user as well as from the higher management. I am fully capable of understanding the system and design. I work as a perfect interpreter between my developers and the corporate.

Other Projects:

Done Projects:
• Design Website in Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Macromedia Dream weaver 8 for Al-Nema General Trading and contracting company. (alnema.com
MICROSOFT

• Microsoft office 2000,2003
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2003

Professional Experience.

Gulf Investment house November to oneward
Investment Sharq, Kuwait
Technical Support Engineer

• Network Administration (LAN, WAN) Information Technologies
• Wireless network hardware and software installation.
• Design and maintain a 105-node network for HP internal users
• Troubleshoot and resolve LAN, server, and PC issues
• Design the helpdesk website in JSP. Help Desk/Support Engineer is responsible for supporting internal and external customers with all problems whether the source is technical, user error, or training based. The Support Engineer is also responsible for thoroughly documenting all relevant support information in the internal case management system. Responsibilities include escalating any customer requests or issues that may impact customer satisfaction.
• Every day take backup of user profile, MS SQL server on TAP Drive
• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of client hand side and Server.
• Every day take the backup of MS SQL server 2000 and Exchange Server 2003 through windows backup manager.

Technical Group International:
IT-Institute April 2006 September 2006
I.T Support Engineer Kuwait City, Kuwait

• Install and configuration of windows 2003 server, Exchange 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2003, MS SQL Server 2000, Norton Antivirus 2006 and MacAfee 8 for both server and client side.
• Design the helpdesk website in JSP for Otopulse. Help Desk/Support Engineer is responsible for supporting internal and external customers with all problems whether the source is technical, user error, or training based. The Support Engineer is also responsible for thoroughly documenting all relevant support information in the internal case management system. Responsibilities include escalating any customer requests or issues that may impact customer satisfaction. (tgikuwait.com:85/Login.jsp)
• Now I worked in Uniglobe Badur Travel worked as I.T support Engineer. Installed and maintained network hardware and software. Provided support for Siemens and Panasonic ISDN. Undertook troubleshooting of network connectivity problems and day-to-day operations. Provided consultancy to various clients. Assisted with installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of network support equipment managed the Windows based services such as DHCP, WINS, and DNS. Developed maintenance and operating standards for computer hardware and software. Experienced with physical layer interfaces and cabling standards. Utilize PCAnyware and Remote Admin software to setup and configure AHA user PCs for different sites. Involved in the troubleshooting of all Hardware, Software and Printer related problems. Configure and administer the Local Area Network (LAN) & Wide are network (WAN).
• Design Tegora add in MX Flash 2004, Adobe photo shop CS 2 and using flash streaming. tgikuwait.com/flashintro/index.html)
• Develop the site for TGI and Burgan in HTML and Photoshop.
• Configure D-Link, ADSL Router and Access point.
• Every week take the backup of MS SQL server 2000 and Exchange Server 2003 using windows backup manager.

Banta Furniture
Furniture Company May 2004 to March 2006
Web Developer Dajij Al-Farwaniya, Kuwait

• I work as a Network administrator and my duties is seeing the trouble shooting problem, network printer sharing, check connectors, mange the group account. Install micro soft outlook and all users sharing the e-mail using the outlook.
• Configured IPX and TCP/IP protocols for LAN and Internet connections.
• Installed and configured computer systems. Detected and removed viruses.
• Managed printing environment.
• Implemented various hardware/software setups and upgrades, including hard disks, memory,
Zip/Jazz drives, Service packs/fixes.
• Installed and supported RAS server for remote users.
• Maintained backup system.
• Accomplished recovery from system failures.
• Handling the error Controlling in Oracle Form 6 & 7 i.
• Design the Banta website in Macromedia dream waver MX 2004, Adobe Photoshop CS 1, PHP, MYSQL and Java script. ( banta.ws)
• Design the Banta advertisement in Corel draw 9 and Adobe Photoshop 7.
• Design the presentation of Banta in Microsoft PowerPoint 2003.
Interest:
Research books, Internet surfing to search networking material.
References:
Available upon request