Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : looking for a job remotely

Olga
05-31-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi
we got our visas. I'm thinking of coming to Toronto in the middle of July and to start looking for a job remotely first. Is it a good season for job hunt the middle of summer?

Rómulo
05-31-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi,
I asked the same question to a friend of mine who lives in Montreal and quote from him:
"In the summer, many companies shut-down - and there is the traditional “construction-Holiday” - which is most of July. Construction Holiday is when all construction workers - road-workers, labourers for housing highways, etc are all on holiday. This means that the suppliers are on holiday, and their families etc.

So Summer is a bad time. However, there is no bad time to inquire.

Spring is good, and fall - late august is a good time."
So, if it's possible, reschedule your arrival one month later.

whitey
05-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Any season is ok in my opinion. There are always people coming and going from jobs and even though its summer ,some places still hire and you may even have more chance of getting a job since most applicants are not looking at this time.

Tsveta
06-01-2006, 08:34 AM
You can start looking for job even though not still in Canada, but your chances will greatly improve when you arrive and can meet the recruiters and employers in person. have you considered coming late August, beginning of September?

lookingforjob
06-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi,
I asked the same question to a friend of mine who lives in Montreal and quote from him:
"In the summer, many companies shut-down - and there is the traditional “construction-Holiday” - which is most of July. Construction Holiday is when all construction workers - road-workers, labourers for housing highways, etc are all on holiday. This means that the suppliers are on holiday, and their families etc.

So Summer is a bad time. However, there is no bad time to inquire.

Spring is good, and fall - late august is a good time."
So, if it's possible, reschedule your arrival one month later.

I agree with your friend Romulo, the spring and the fall are the best job hunting seasons for most lines of work.