Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Jobs without recruiters?

Olga
05-31-2006, 12:36 PM
I've notices from this board that you all talk about recruiters and it makes me think are there any jobs posted directly from employers? :confused:

Tsveta
06-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Rarely. Most of the job postings are from recruiters/staffing agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1). The employers prefer it that way because the recruiters do pre screening and from hundreds of people applying for a job they choose 3-4 job seekers to go to the interview. Some big companies have their own HR people on staff but in most cases there is a recruiter...

lookingforjob
06-05-2006, 07:03 PM
There are jobs posted directly of course, but in my experience most good jobs in IT are through recruiters. I don't like this, because recruiters make 20% to 100% on top of the contractor's hourly rate for basically doing nothing, but that's the way it is.

Simon
06-07-2006, 02:21 PM
For a permanent position the recruiters get from the employer one time fee. For a contract position is different - they get an extra on every hour you get paid. If you make $20 per hour, they probably get another $10 overhead. But most of the jobs are through recruiters any way

:rolleyes:

Tim
06-15-2006, 08:39 PM
I do see alot of companies advertising for themself, but most of the time they expect such an influx of applications that the recruiter is used as the middle man.

I dont know about the recruiter getting part of your hourly wage, I thought they just get a one off commission when they hire you?

contractor
06-16-2006, 12:08 PM
believe me they do! They get a one time commission if they place a permanent employee. For the contractors they get a cut from their hourly wage!

Ronin
06-19-2006, 09:40 PM
believe me they do! They get a one time commission if they place a permanent employee. For the contractors they get a cut from their hourly wage!

And that is why the hourly wage can sometimes seem to be more than usual for that particular job;)
They dont tell you about that. http://mollinebonus.net/

contractor
07-05-2006, 09:28 AM
For a contract position is different - they get an extra on every hour you get paid. If you make $20 per hour, they probably get another $10 overhead.

This is what I meant. They advertise the position for $20 but in fact they charge the employer $30.

georgebuffet
07-20-2009, 03:02 AM
Hi There !!

Yep, there will be jobs where the employers are directly placing and it may be announced in newspaper or in the internet but we need to search. But employers are now preferring recruitment agencies so they feel easy in it.

Hope it helps :)

newincanada
08-19-2009, 01:46 PM

This is absolutely true. They are in this business for the money too..

Jolin
09-03-2009, 12:31 PM
I hate working with recruiters. Do you know how much they charge a company? I had experience that 2 recruiters gave me the same job last minute and want to represent me.

I like apply directly to employers, a website people rarely know about, goworkbc.com, all jobs are from employers directly.

wouldrichest
07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
For a permanent position the recruiters get from the employer one time fee. For a contract position is different - they get an extra on every hour you get paid. If you make $20 per hour, they probably get another $10 overhead. But most of the jobs are through recruiters any way

:rolleyes:

I do see alot of companies advertising for themself, but most of the time they expect such an influx of applications that the recruiter is used as the middle man.

I dont know about the recruiter getting part of your hourly wage, I thought they just get a one off commission when they hire you?