Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : I am really worried

newincanada
10-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Wow, this thing really kills me. What's with the "Canadian experience".
How can I convince the recruiters that I have experience? I am in CAnada 3 weeks now and I am really worried. :confused:

Tsveta
10-22-2004, 03:56 PM
There is nothing to worry about. In Canada finding your first job will be a challenge. You have to be very confident in your abilities and knowledge and you will present yourself very well on the interview. Most of the times if the employer likes you there will be no questions about the Canadian experience.

Jim
05-16-2006, 08:33 AM
First you have to convince the recruiter that you can do the job, because he is the one who'll send your Resume to the employer. Then if the employer decides to interview you, this will be your chance to make a difference and get noticed.

lookingforjob
05-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Indeed the first step is to convince the recruiter that you are fit for the job. The recruiter sends only a few resumes to the employer and if your resume is one of them chances are that you'll be invited for an interview.

workaholic
05-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Ultimately it comes down to what you bring to the job. If you are the best candidate for the job then it doesn't matter how long you've been in Canada. I agree with everyone else. Emphasize your skills and how you will contribute to the company. Maybe even look for a way to turn your disadvantage (being new to Canada) into an advantage.

Ronin
05-21-2006, 06:01 PM
How do you turn a disadvantage into an advantage?
Do you mean by focussing on the things you are good at and sort of overlooking the other things?