Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for getting work in Canada/Alberta area.

Shadow
06-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Well I'm new to these forums, and I'm Shadow.

I've been trying to get work in Canada for the last few months now, and really keep on coming up with nothing at all. At the moment I'm waiting on someone who's going to be giving me contact numbers for a number of companies in Oil Sands in the hopes that I'll be able to get a job as a roughneck.

I'd go for the skilled workers, but I really don't have any actually aquired skills. I've had four years total Customer Service Experience, I've a good writing hand, and have been considered a hardworking individual. So I've been trying to get into Canada under the Unskilled labours and I've had no luck at all. I mean if it came down to it, I could quite easily afford my plane ticket over to have an in person interview. I mean I need help and advice where ever its possible.

Thanks, Shadow.

Tsveta
06-09-2006, 12:44 PM
First of all if a company wants to interview you they will pay for your ticket.
Also this government web site can help the newcomers with useful info on how to immigrate to Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html

As far as I know there is a 2 year pilot project developed by the HRSDC that allows foreign workers to work in Canada for no more than 12 months. If the worker wants to apply for a new work permit, he/she has to return to the home country for 4 months.

Shadow
06-10-2006, 03:39 AM
CAn you give me any more information on that 2 year pilot scheme?

And I've already got that website and have been browsing it..

Shadow
06-11-2006, 07:21 AM
I've been revewing my cv and also the skilled workers visa thing over at www.cic.org or something like that. And I've just over five years experience as a catering/kitchen assistant. SO I've spent the last hour or so applying for jobs within that line of work.

Tsveta
06-11-2006, 09:32 AM
CAn you give me any more information on that 2 year pilot scheme?

And I've already got that website and have been browsing it..

Hope this will help you : http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw/lowskill.shtml
this HRSDC web site has all the info you need.