Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : PR cards

Olga
06-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I will be staying at some friends while I'm in Canada. Can I give their address to get my PR cards there? I don't have any other contacts in Canada?

Ladyluck
06-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Yes you would have to if you are staying there I believe.

Can anyone confirm this?

Tsveta
06-13-2006, 12:06 PM
I will be staying at some friends while I'm in Canada. Can I give their address to get my PR cards there? I don't have any other contacts in Canada?

Yes you can. They'll come by regular mail in a month or two.

sudeshna
07-13-2006, 03:03 PM
I have a similar situation, however in a case if I do give my friends address and say he misplaces the PR Card and I have alreadycome back from Canada what are my options? Can I apply for my PR Card again to enter canada or some document to enter canada.
The reason for my asking is that I will have to go to canada for face to face interview before I move for good and I have a single entry visa. Also I am scared to give someone else's address to collect my PR Card. What I want to ask is in case of a mishap situation, I am not able to receive the card what should I do to enter Canada. Do I lose my PR Status in such a case. Please advice.

lookingforjob
07-13-2006, 03:18 PM
I believe once you have landed in Canada with your immigration papers, you can leave Canada for certain period of time and you will not lose your PR status. Again I'm not sure how exactly this works, and your best bet is to call Citizenship and Immigration Canada and find out. Here is their website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/

Just curious, in which city is the job you are applying for?

Good luck and let us know how it goes?

sudeshna
07-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Toronto...however do you know the phone number for canadian immigration that can be dialed from outside canada. Someone, who can help me with this situation. In case i give my friends address(and travel back to canada) and he misplaces the card what are my options. What is the process to re-enter Canada?

lookingforjob
07-14-2006, 07:32 AM
There is a contact link on the page below for people outside of Canada:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.html

Just pick your Canadian embassy or consulate and contact them.

MelMcDoogle
03-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Hello how are you all doing this is my first post at this forum i looking forward to anwering many questions as hard as they might be and making alot of friends cheers :)