Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Phone/Email interviews

Ladyluck
06-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Has anyone had an interview done over the phone or via email?
This seems to be a popular thing nowadays as recruiters have less time to bring everyone in to interview face to face.

Phone interviews would be alot easier I think.

Tsveta
06-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Phone interviews are very common among the recruiters. I think they seldom meed with the candidates. The employers still want to meet you face to face though. Did you ever get hired only with a phone interview?

contractor
06-16-2006, 12:20 PM
I can't remember the last time I met with a recruiter. I only talk to them over the phone. Imagine if they have to meet with every applicant. They just call the people they think are good for the job and they will meet with you only if necessary.

lana
08-14-2006, 09:53 AM
I once had a phone interview with the company that hired me. First I went to meet them face to face and then they called me at home as the final step of the hiring process. Sometimes they want to hear how you talk over the phone...
Most of the times the interview is with the recruiters.

Administrator
08-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Some Canadian recruiters insist on meeting you before they send you to an interview with actual employer, others don't. If you can get all the information about the job seeker by phone, it doesn't make sense to meet in person...

comehome
08-17-2006, 08:57 AM
I have had quite a few job interviews, although not in Canada. Sometimes a phone job interview is sufficient for employer to decide if you are the right person for the job.

lana
08-18-2006, 09:11 AM
I have had quite a few job interviews, although not in Canada. Sometimes a phone job interview is sufficient for employer to decide if you are the right person for the job.

But he will meet you in person anyway for a job interview. I doubt that they will hire you only with a conversation over the phone.

comehome
08-21-2006, 10:10 AM
But he will meet you in person anyway for a job interview. I doubt that they will hire you only with a conversation over the phone.

This actually happened to me once :). It all depends on the position you are applying for and the skills and experience you have.

contractor
08-21-2006, 10:13 AM
This actually happened to me once :). It all depends on the position you are applying for and the skills and experience you have.

This is what I call lucky! I guess you are very persuasive and have excellent communication skills!

lookingforjob
08-23-2006, 07:48 AM
In my experience, you'll have to go to face-to-face interview almost for any job. I think getting a job with only phone interview is rare, as most employers wants to actually see you and talk to you in person before they hire you.

lookingforjob
08-24-2006, 08:43 AM
I forgot to add, that it's quite common to have only a phone interview with the recruiter (middleman). This has happened to me more than once. In fact in one of my contracts in Toronto, I've never met the recruiters in person, and everything was done by phone and fax, even the contract :)

katkat
09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
I know that this is very common in the call center industry. They want to hear your attitude and how you relate over the phone, as this is a major part of the job. I have been given testing then when I passed that, I was given a phone interview. Often the recruiters are in a different office