Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Architect, do I have a chance?

jason
06-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi,

As a newcomer architect I was wondering what will be the best way to look for a job. Do I start calling recruiters or do I contact directly the employers. As I am becoming to understand all the jobs go through recruiters. Are architecture jobs different and do the recruiters focus only on IT, sales, and customer service?

Thanks

whitey
06-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Hi,

As a newcomer architect I was wondering what will be the best way to look for a job. Do I start calling recruiters or do I contact directly the employers. As I am becoming to understand all the jobs go through recruiters. Are architecture jobs different and do the recruiters focus only on IT, sales, and customer service?

Thanks

Not all jobs go through recruiters, most seem to though.
Keep an eye on the big job sites and your local newspapers too.
Also I would call or send a resume to some firms that you'd like to work for.

lana
06-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Not all jobs go through recruiters. You have to contact the architect’s association in Canada and see if you need some certificates in order to practice. I have a friend who is an architect and she found her job through that association.

jojoba
07-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Hi,

As a newcomer architect I was wondering what will be the best way to look for a job.
Thanks

As I already said, the province of Alberta has a huge demand for workers and the labor shortage there is a fact. I would highly recommend to all new immigrants to go there!