Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Do you negotiate if interviewers salary is set?

job16
07-28-2008, 04:31 PM
What do you do in an interview when the interviewer tells you striaght out; "This position will pay $x,xxx amount,..etc". Do you confront them & still try to negotiate higher salary? Or is that their way of saying, "Dont even try to negotiate becasue thats all we want to pay"?
What do you do?

Tsveta
07-30-2008, 11:01 AM
You can always negotiate. This is the way you do business. You may say that your expectations were for higher salary and if they insist and you are comfortable with the pay you can accept it. There is always room for bargain.

Roshni Poddar
08-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Negotiation on the interview table is not easy. trust me...The best you can come up with is, I was expecting a better pay structure, especially Freshers....Experienced People have the option of bargaining open to them, as Employer want to acquire their services at any cost...Whereas in case of Freshers, there is very lil scope of bargaining as the desperation is more in the candidate....

careeradviser
02-08-2010, 05:28 AM
Negotiation can be difficult for freshers however even I feel that you can always negotiate if you are not happy with the salary that is offered to you. You can try to persuade the employer by telling them that you were expecting more.

jerryvn01
07-22-2010, 01:51 AM
Negotiation can be difficult for freshers however even I feel that you can always negotiate if you are not happy with the salary that is offered to you. You can try to persuade the employer by telling them that you were expecting more.

Hi,

I do not agreed with you. Any way, your ideal make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Apart from that, this link below may be useful: Sales interview questions (http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/sales-interview-questions)
Please try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

move5
06-04-2011, 03:11 PM
How about requesting a salary review in 6 months?
Except then the employer might hire someone else that will be happy with that salary for a year.
I think the only way to negotiate is if the salary is below market value for your skills.