Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : working with US clients

markomigrant
06-20-2006, 10:44 AM
I am a US citizen strongly considering immigrating to Canada. My plan, at least at first, would be to work as a self-employed contractor. Most of my clients at first would be US companies.

My question is, have any of you lined up work with US clients? Has your Canadian residency been a barrier to landing jobs with US clients? Do the clients have concerns about the tax implications of hiring a foreign contractor, and if so, how do you respond?

Thank you!

Mark O

Tricky
06-22-2006, 10:58 PM
I imagine there wouldn't be any tax complications really, its similar to doing business over the internet in different currencies.
You will just be taxed on what lands in your bank account I imagine.
________
buy easy vape (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/easy-vape)

Tsveta
06-25-2006, 05:54 PM
I have a couple of friends who are Canadian citizens and work remotely for US companies. As a Canadian resident/citizen you will have to pay taxes in Canada, that will be the only difference.

lana
06-26-2006, 09:34 AM
I don't see a problem working for US clients remotely. You pay your taxes here and everybody is happy.

;)

philip
09-23-2006, 04:03 PM
You might find US clients can be a little picky when it comes to working with self employed (abroad) or even one man limited companies. They run in to all sorts of tax and regulations