Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Asking for my appliation

mara1977
06-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi all!
I would like to know how do you find to ask for your application. The enterprise does not accept more applications for this position but since a year they have not decided about it. I wonder if I should write to show my interest. I have writen an email. My mother language is not english, that is why I would be very gratefull if you could take a look at it and correct it in case it is not kind enough.
Thank you in advance!
Mara

Dear Sir or Madam,
I would like to express my interest in knowing of the selection procedure of the vacancy as Legal Officer in Toronto in the reference number 567T.
I applied for it on 8th July. I would be very glad to work for the Communities Association, that is why I have applied for other posts that could past to my profile. Anyway I am specially interested in the post as Legal Officer at the Office of the president, as I think I could do there an important contribution because of my education as well as my skills to fulfil the competencies of this position.
I would be very grateful, if you could give me any advise about how to support my application and if you could tell me when do you intend to full this vacancy.
Yours Faithfully,
Mara F. G.

Tsveta
06-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Did you apply for this position last year? Maybe they have closed the position. Are you sure this position is still open?

lana
06-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Do you intend this to be your cover letter or just an email informing them for your interest in this position? It sounds a little desperate. I would avoid using phrases like "very grateful"...

Ronin
06-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Do you intend this to be your cover letter or just an email informing them for your interest in this position? It sounds a little desperate. I would avoid using phrases like "very grateful"...

Yeah thats a touchy issue.
Using phrases like that can mean you are really interested, but is it going too far?