Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : apply for a job online

Toni
06-27-2006, 08:59 AM
I want to apply for a job online. Do I send my resume as an attachment?
There is an online form to apply but in that case I'm loosing the formating of the resume all the bold stuff...

Tsveta
06-27-2006, 01:22 PM
If there is an email you can send it as an attachment. These online forms format all the applications the same way for all applicants.

Toni
06-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Yes but do they read this applications? I get the feeling, every time I apply for a job that way, that my Resume was lost in a big black hole. Nobody ever called me back, ever....

lana
06-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Yes but do they read this applications? I get the feeling, every time I apply for a job that way, that my Resume was lost in a big black hole. Nobody ever called me back, ever....

You can get that feeling :confused:
I've never got a feedback when I applied for a job that way either. I guess they use some keyword search tool and call only a bunch of people.

mika
07-13-2006, 09:14 AM

Hi Toni,
Actually that's how i got my first job in Canada, through an online application! Unbelievable! I guess I was lucky.

goras
07-24-2006, 04:18 PM
If you are posting your resume online, make sure that you have access to statistical data of visitors or maybe even protecting your online resume with password, because of your privacy...so, your inbox wouldn't get fill with spam e-mails!

lookingforjob
08-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Always try to send personalized email to recruiters instead of using generic web form. Also attach your resume in MS Word format.

kokhua
08-08-2006, 05:47 AM
I want to apply for a job online. Do I send my resume as an attachment?
There is an online form to apply but in that case I'm loosing the formating of the resume all the bold stuff...

I do not send any attachment before, but tap on to some free bulk services that forward my resume to any employers and recruiters.

lookingforjob
08-08-2006, 01:32 PM
I would never use third-party service to send my resume to employers and recruiters. This will look very unprofessional in my opinion.