Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Survey -

Toni
06-27-2006, 09:10 AM
I've read a new survey that says the Canadian employers are having a hard time to attract and keep the employees. It will get really bad when the baby boomers retire. They sould start offering more benefits to the employees-longer vacation, flexible hours, retirement benefits.

What do you think?

lana
06-28-2006, 08:02 AM
The baby boomers are a problem for the economy. When are they starting to retire? The employers have to get more and more flexible, that's a fact.

Toni
06-28-2006, 08:11 AM
In my opinion they should raise the salaries, as well as giving more benefits to the employees.

lana
06-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Well they should :) everybody likes a raise and longer vacation but will they do that?

contractor
07-05-2006, 09:36 AM
I've read a new survey that says the Canadian employers are having a hard time to attract and keep the employees. It will get really bad when the baby boomers retire. They sould start offering more benefits to the employees-longer vacation, flexible hours, retirement benefits.

What do you think?

This is why I prefer to work on contacts. I don't get engaged with unions, insurance benefits and longer vacations.... I think that people should use their better judgment and realize that nobody is responsible for them. You should take your life in your own hands and don't believe in "retirement plans" and "benefits” because sooner or later you’ll get stung.

anderson
08-22-2006, 09:43 AM
I think the government should cut the spending for social programs and benefits and encourage the small business! The people should be encouraged to work, not to stay home and receive EI cheques!

lookingforjob
08-23-2006, 07:46 AM
I think the government should cut the spending for social programs and benefits and encourage the small business! The people should be encouraged to work, not to stay home and receive EI cheques!

I coudn't agree more. The government should stay away from the economy as a whole and leave the "free market" free :).

metoo
08-24-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't know about social programs spending (I guess it's huge), but have you seen what is happening with the USA housing market? It's going down, down, down! The real estate prices are way too high, and they are due for severe correction.

Many people in Canada think this won't happen here, but I think they are in for a big surprise. If the US housing bust takes the US economy down, which most likely will happen, and then Canada will follow just a few short months after.

jason
08-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Many people in Canada think this won't happen here, but I think they are in for a big surprise. If the US housing bust takes the US economy down, which most likely will happen, and then Canada will follow just a few short months after.

I am not so sure about that. After all Canada is a different country. It is just a thought, I am not even in Canada yet. I'm planing to come in 2 weeks.

metoo
08-25-2006, 08:19 AM
I think that Canada is very US dependent and this makes the Canadian economy vulnerable. Most of the Canadian business is done with US anyways, thus any US slowdown will have direct impact here.