Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : cover letter help- few suggestions please

lock
08-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi there. Im new to this forum and am already finding many helpful tips from reading through the forums.

Anyways, I wander if someone could help me write my cover letter.

I am a university student studying IT and am wanting to apply for an internship with a fairly prestige company working in their IT department. I am 19 years old and have a fairly strong background in IT. It is a 3 month internship and it would involve me moving interstate (which im more than comfortable with as i really want to have a chance to do this internship).

Anyways, I need to include a cover letter, but have never really had to do these.

Could someone please help me? Attached is a cover letter that I have written up. Im not too sure if its good or not though- should i be listing what i can do like i have? Should it be more brief than that or what?

ANY FEEDBACK TAKEN ON BOARD as i really want this position!

Many thanks for your time.

PS: sorry, had to zip the file as the attachment size on this forum is very very small.

Tsveta
08-14-2008, 05:00 PM
The Cover letter should be a short summary of your skills, experience and education. It should be short and straight to the point. Often the recruiters read the cover letter only and don't even open your Resume for more consideration. Here you can find more Cover letter tips (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=4&sp=1).

pugiver
09-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Just remember, your cover letter is like your "cold call" if you were a sales professional.

Play on your strengths and never focus or mention your weaknesses unless someone ask you...hopefully this helps.

nathand
02-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Be succinct and to the point with your cover letters. Let the recruiter know who you are, why you are applying and possibly list 1 or 2 reasons for them to employ you (eg. I've had recent experience in a 3 month programming assignment for Beta Company etc.)