Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : resume screening

lana
06-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Does anybody know how the resume screening programs work?

Thanks

contractor
07-05-2006, 09:47 AM
I am not sure but I guess they use some keyword search to screen all resumes. Every company maybe has different way to do that but all the programs are based on a keyword search. I doubt that somebody reads all the Resumes. It is nearly impossible.

Tsveta
07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Nobody reads all the resumes. It is a waste of time. The recruiters get at least 500 resumes for job posting. Imagine reading all 500 Resumes, everything will be a big blur after the first 20… That's why you have to pick your words carefully and customize your resume for every job you apply for.

lana
07-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Thanks everybody! I somehow knew that but I wanted to hear what other people think.

morgan86
07-10-2006, 08:06 AM
Nobody reads all the resumes. It is a waste of time. The recruiters get at least 500 resumes for job posting. Imagine reading all 500 Resumes, everything will be a big blur after the first 20… That's why you have to pick your words carefully and customize your resume for every job you apply for.

Wow that’s a little discouraging! I mean I don't have much work experience and I guess the key words. How do I beat that? :confused:

Paul
07-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Wow that’s a little discouraging! I mean I don't have much work experience and I guess the key words. How do I beat that? :confused:

First call some recruiters and let them know that you are looking for an entry-level position. As a BA you probably have some computer training so there are your computer skills – excellent keywords for the screening program. Do use some action verbs too!

goras
07-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Nobody can write your resume better than you. I posted in one of my previous posts about getresume.comthey are giving free eBook on resume writing. There are lots of resources on the internet but most of them are stating the same rules on resume writing. Still you have to be aware of information found to make sure it is from a reliable source!

Please include affiliate links in your signature!