Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Employment Agencies

Ladyboss
08-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I am with 2 well known agencies. I registered with 1 in December of 2007. I worked for them until April 2008, when I was told that my 2-week contract was over - 4 months later. I just recently found out why. Another agency let it slip to me that after 640 hours the company must take your contract over and the company must pay the agency a finder's fee. I just found a job ad in Canada's job bank for a position through the same agency for a job that I am very qualified for. Why was this job posted? Why didn't the agency call me, after all I am registered with them???
The other agency - I have been working part time through them, told me of an opportunity to start this Monday. I called them yesterday (Wednesday) to inquire as to what is going on with it. She did not know. I feel that if they call me on Friday to start Monday they are sadly mistaken. I am not that desperate. That is my rule: Not to interview one day and start the next. How do you people feel about this? Comments are welcome.

Tsveta
08-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I know that most of the people I have contacts with are very disappointed with most of the recruiting agencies. Last week a friend of mine was contacted from the same agency he has currently contract with for different job opportunity and was asked what is his employment status...
I think this will answer your question why you were not contacted by your agency. Simply put most of the recruiters are not qualified to do their job.

lana
11-26-2008, 11:13 AM
I know that most of the people I have contacts with are very disappointed with most of the recruiting agencies. Last week a friend of mine was contacted from the same agency he has currently contract with for different job opportunity and was asked what is his employment status...
I think this will answer your question why you were not contacted by your agency. Simply put most of the recruiters are not qualified to do their job.

Sadly this is true. I used to work on contracts and this is not news to me. Most of the recruiters are under qualified and I guess they become recruiters because they can do nothing else...

Jolin
09-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Agreed, most of recruiters are not qualified.
Personally I prefer not to work with recruitment agency. Do you know how much they charge a company? I also had experience that 2 recruiters gave me the same job last minute and both want to represent me.

I find for professionals, lawyers, accountants, financial analysts, recruitment agencies rarely know what are the skills required for the job. But funny they are the one who make decisions on which position you are qualified for.

I like apply directly to employers, I use eluta, before I was in Edminton. Now I use a website people rarely know about, goworkbc.com, all jobs are from BC employers directly.

fernandos
12-16-2009, 04:42 AM
Now a days most of the employment agencies didn't select good employees. They just test the theoretical knowledge, they wont check the practical knowledge. Acccording to me selecting candidates with our self is best practice.