Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : job training

bita848
07-02-2006, 04:23 AM
Hi!
I am a newcomer and searching for a job. I do not know if it is possible to send a resume for a position in a company and ask them let me work as a volunteer?

Tsveta
07-04-2006, 09:02 AM
You can call the company and ask them if they need volunteers and just give them brief description of your education and skills. Then send your Resume. It is better if you first call so when they get your Resume they will make the connection. Otherwise you Resume can end up in the trash folder. A lot of companies need volunteers and are happy to get a helping hand.

Good luck

bita848
07-05-2006, 04:30 AM
Thank you. Do you think it makes a chance for me to hire there? and how long it takes if I work well?

Tsveta
07-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Thank you. Do you think it makes a chance for me to hire there? and how long it takes if I work well?

Even if you don't get hired in the company you are volunteering with you can use this experience in your Resume. It is great way to gain Canadian experience. After a couple of weeks you can talk to your manager and ask if they consider offering you a full time job. After 2-3 months I would start looking for a job anyway.

jojoba
07-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Hi!
I am a newcomer and searching for a job. I do not know if it is possible to send a resume for a position in a company and ask them let me work as a volunteer?

Hi bita, where are you right now? If you are in Alberta you will probably get a job easier than in the other provinces. They have a labor shortage and I would highly recommend to all new immigrants to go there!