Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : entry-level position

morgan86
07-06-2006, 08:38 AM
I'm looking for an entry-level position but I don't have any experince in the field. Am I going to have a hard time with the recruiters?

Tsveta
07-07-2006, 09:04 AM
I don't think so. I lot of companies are looking for entry-level employees. Do you have a degree in your field?

morgan86
07-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Yes I have a Bachelor degree in Business Administration and I'm thinking of trying for a Master's but in the meantime I want to get in the workforce and gain experience. I am a recent graduate.

Tsveta
07-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Yes I have a Bachelor degree in Business Administration and I'm thinking of trying for a Master's but in the meantime I want to get in the workforce and gain experience. I am a recent graduate.

That's a very good idea Morgan! There is a demand for skilled workers and I'm sure you'll find a job in a reasonable time. Lots of entry-level positions too. :)

lana
07-21-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm looking for an entry-level position but I don't have any experince in the field. Am I going to have a hard time with the recruiters?

The only thing that leaps into mind is that the recruiters will take advantage of you and press you hard for the money. They do that with newcomers too.

lookingforjob
08-08-2006, 01:38 PM
...the recruiters will take advantage of you and press you hard for the money

Now, that's what recruiters do, don't they :).
Even though you don't have any experience try to look confident in your skills
and don't let recruiters tell you what you can get as a salary (do your own salary research before the job interview).

contractor
08-25-2006, 09:00 AM

Hi morgan.
Did you have any luck with your job search? By this time you probably met with a couple of employment agents. What is your impression? Do you find it hard to get a job?

morgan86
10-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Hi morgan.
Did you have any luck with your job search? By this time you probably met with a couple of employment agents. What is your impression? Do you find it hard to get a job?

Thank for all the replies!

I found a part time job as an office assistant. I think it is low paid, but for somebody like me with no experience it is good. I'm planning to work here till the end of the year or at least 6 months. I want to gain experience and probably try for Masters...

lana
10-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Good for you Morgan!

You have to start from somewhere so you did. Almost everyone leaves their first job sooner or later but the valuable thing is the experience you have gained. Your next job will be better paid and more rewarding, believe me :)

jojoba
10-19-2006, 09:07 AM

I found a part time job as an office assistant. I think it is low paid, but for somebody like me with no experience it is good. I'm planning to work here till the end of the year or at least 6 months. I want to gain experience and probably try for Masters...

Hi Morgan,
You are in very good position because some people volunteer to gain experience but you have a real job.

Agent_J
11-06-2006, 11:27 PM

Hey Morgan, I'm going to be in the same situation as you (graduating next year with business admin) and wondering how you found your job :) ?

morgan86
11-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey Morgan, I'm going to be in the same situation as you (graduating next year with business admin) and wondering how you found your job :) ?

Hi Agent,
I posted my resume online and I started to send emails calling recruiters. Finally a recruiter who found my resume called me and arranged an interview. Interview was tough though. Anyway this is how I got the job basically.

Tsveta
02-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi,

It is not easy to find your first job but every one of us had a first job so don't get discouraged. This article may help you with your job search: First job - no experience (http://www.jobagencies.ca/default.aspx?article=No+Experience,+Looking+for+yo ur+first+job)
Good Luck