Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : My contract is ending

mika
07-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Hi,
My contact is coming to an end and I was wondering if you can advise me on how to approach my manager? I need to know if they are going to extend my contract. I don't know how to ask them and most importantly who to ask.
Any help will be appreciated.

Tsveta
07-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Hi Mika, when does you contract end?
You can ask 3-4 weeks before the contract ends and first you can ask your recruiter and if he didn't hear from your employers you can ask your manager.

In my experience the recruiters are the last to know any details so better check with your manager. Just ask if they like the job you are doing and if there is any possibility for an extension.
Don’t expect an answer right away. It may take them a couple of days to get back to you.

mika
07-13-2006, 09:05 AM
It ends in about 2 weeks. I guess I’ll have to ask today! :eek:

Tsveta
07-14-2006, 08:05 AM
It ends in about 2 weeks. I guess I’ll have to ask today! :eek:

Hi Mika, how did it go?

mika
07-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Hi Mika, how did it go?

Hi Tsveta,
They offered me a 3 month extension. I will accept, because I spoke with a colleague who told me that he works there for 2 years and they extend his contract every 3 months.
:)

lana
07-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi Tsveta,
They offered me a 3 month extension. I will accept, because I spoke with a colleague who told me that he works there for 2 years and they extend his contract every 3 months.
:)

Most likely you can stay at this job for years as long as they have new projects. It is a common practice to extend the contract every 3 months.