Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : PR Card issue

sudeshna
07-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi,

Please advice, I am in a weird situation. I am currently employed in united states and was recently interviewed for a job in canada. I cleared the first 2 interviews and now they want me to come to canada for a face to face interview and the final discussion.
Now, I have recently got my PR Documents and have a single entry visa. If I do go to canada for the final discussion i can come back to US but will not be able to go to canada since i dont have a PR Card. A PR Card takes 15 days and I cannot stay 15 days in canada since i have a job back here. Even a travel document takes time to process. I can stay not more than 3 days in canada.
The job is very good and i dont want to loose but my PR card issue is coming on the way.
Please help.
Thanks,
Sue.

Tsveta
07-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Are you sure that in 2 weeks you will have your PR card?
If so you can go to the interview and explain your situation. If they decide to hire you they can wait for 2 more weeks. Every employer knows that you have to give 2 weeks notice in you current job anyway.

If you need more info about your PR card you can call CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html

sudeshna
07-13-2006, 03:26 PM
The issue here is to reenter canada. I have a single entry visa and as I mentioned earlier I will be travelling to canada for a face to face interview and will be there for 2-3 days only( hence wont have time to collect my PR Card). After which I return to US and will again travel to Canada around last week August to join the company. Now the question is how do I enter canada without the card itself? Do I have to apply for some other documents to re-enter Canada or what are my other options?

Tsveta
07-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Are you getting your PR card by mail or are you picking it up from a local office?
I would suggest you to call the Canadian consulate or embassy near you. They will be able to answer to your questions. Maybe you will need a visitor’s visa, but I am not 100% sure.