Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview- Words are powerful!

Tsveta
07-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Finding a job these days is not so easy. It will help a lot if you concentrate on your job negotiating skills.

Whether you’re negotiating salary or asking questions about the company, pay close attention to how you communicate. Choosing the wrong words can make a bad impression, when you’re trying to persuade an employer that you’re the best person for the job. Words are powerful – especially in job negotiations.

For the first five minutes of interacting with the person who is interviewing you, concentrate especially hard on their manner and behavior, and make conscious adjustments to your approach. For example, if they talk slowly, respond by talking more slowly than you normally would. If they talk fast, you speed up. Let their behavior set the tone. During negotiations expect some disagreement. It’s a natural part of the negotiation process.

jojoba
09-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Very good tips Tsveta! You have to pick your words carefully that’s for sure! After all the companies/recruiters receive more than 500 resumes for a single job opening and if you are lucky to go to an interview you have to nail it!

whattodo
09-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Finding a job these days is not so easy. It will help a lot if you concentrate on your job negotiating skills.

Whether you’re negotiating salary or asking questions about the company, pay close attention to how you communicate. Choosing the wrong words can make a bad impression, when you’re trying to persuade an employer that you’re the best person for the job. Words are powerful – especially in job negotiations.

For the first five minutes of interacting with the person who is interviewing you, concentrate especially hard on their manner and behavior, and make conscious adjustments to your approach. For example, if they talk slowly, respond by talking more slowly than you normally would. If they talk fast, you speed up. Let their behavior set the tone. During negotiations expect some disagreement. It’s a natural part of the negotiation process.

Tsveta that tips really helped me! I had an interview last week which I hope went really well. I must say that everyone should read a couple of articles and interview tips before going on a job interview! My interviewer was smiling all the time so I started smiling too without knowing it and the interview was not stressful at all.

Agent_J
11-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Tsveta that tips really helped me! I had an interview last week which I hope went really well. I must say that everyone should read a couple of articles and interview tips before going on a job interview! My interviewer was smiling all the time so I started smiling too without knowing it and the interview was not stressful at all.
so did your interview bear any fruit whattodo :) ?

Ascended
11-27-2006, 05:52 PM
hmm good tips, I usually just go with the flow and be true to myself and it's never failed so far!

gordman
01-03-2008, 12:32 PM
You couldn't be more right about this, I agree, applying for job can be really stressful and tricky. I know because I have been to many interviews so far, you can get all kind of traps and you need to handle it very well. But above all I think the interview commission appreciates honesty and natural behavior, this why they learn to know you and make an accurate opinion.

thomson
01-24-2008, 05:12 AM
Hi,Most of us have gone through various interviews in different phases of our life, from school to college to jobs. Many of us would agree on the same thought that interview is the most difficult part in the phase of job search. You can make everything go fine if you could improve the simple mistakes we usually make during an interview.The job interviews are the twisting point in a job search where job seekers can do well in winning confidence of potential employers, make them believe that you are the model candidate for the position you are looking for. Most likely job seekers stagger through interviews as if the recruiter asks jumpy questions