Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Available funds

ching
07-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Does anybody know if I can land with less amount of money than the Immigration ministry requires?

Tsveta
07-27-2006, 08:10 AM
Does anybody know if I can land with less amount of money than the Immigration ministry requires?

"You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada." this is a quote from the CIC web site:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-4.html

ching
07-31-2006, 10:47 AM
I am $ 1000 short from the amount they want me bring with me. Is this gonna be a problem?

Tsveta
08-02-2006, 01:13 PM
I am $ 1000 short from the amount they want me bring with me. Is this gonna be a problem?

I don't think it is going to be a problem as long as you can explain how you are going to support yourself and your family during the first months in Canada. For a piece of mind call your local Canadian embassy.

Toni
08-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi ching,
I came to Canada 2 years ago and landed in Quebec. I don't think this is going to be a problem. Will you be able to you borrow some money just for the landing?

lookingforjob
08-03-2006, 10:17 AM
As long as you can show proof that you can support yourself and your family you should be fine.

comehome
08-17-2006, 09:10 AM
What are the funds required to enter Canada as an independent immigrant/ skilled worker. Is this per person or per family? How does one determine what immigration fee and immigration funds does he/she need?

Tsveta
08-17-2006, 09:39 AM
What are the funds required to enter Canada as an independent immigrant/ skilled worker. Is this per person or per family? How does one determine what immigration fee and immigration funds does he/she need?

Hi, are you coming alone or with family? If you are alone the funds required is $10,168. For more info visit the CIC web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-4.html

Did you apply to come to Canada as skilled worker? If you find a job before you land you don't have to show that you have these funds

comehome
08-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi, are you coming alone or with family? If you are alone the funds required is $10,168. For more info visit the CIC web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-4.html

Did you apply to come to Canada as skilled worker? If you find a job before you land you don't have to show that you have these funds

Thanks!

I'm planning to apply for immigration to Canada very soon.

$10K sounds like a lot to me. How long can you live on this money if you don't have any other source of income?

Is it easy to find a job in Canada, while I'm outside of the country?

lookingforjob
08-22-2006, 08:55 AM
$10K may sound a lot, but in reality it's not. You have to rent apartment immediately after landing in Canada and you have to pay one month security deposit + the first rent. Then you have to live on something while looking for job, so $10K is not that much.

Tsveta
08-24-2006, 08:44 AM
$10K may sound a lot, but in reality it's not. You have to rent apartment immediately after landing in Canada and you have to pay one month security deposit + the first rent. Then you have to live on something while looking for job, so $10K is not that much.

I may add that most apartments in the rental buildings are unfurnished so you need to by some furniture (second hand maybe). Some basic furniture will cost you like $700 - $1000.