Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : tips to find a job?

ching
07-27-2006, 09:33 AM
I am looking for a job in the HR sector. I'm still not in Canada but I'll land in a month. I'm thinking of settling in Vancouver area. Any tips on how to find a job will be appreciated.

contractor
07-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Finding your first job is always tough. This are some basic tips that can help you find a job.
- prepare/format your resume to North American standards;
- write a Cover letter that you will send out to your potential employers/recruiters
- call as many recruiters/employers as possible
- always follow up

ching
07-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Finding your first job is always tough. This are some basic tips that can help you find a job.
- prepare/format your resume to North American standards;
- write a Cover letter that you will send out to your potential employers/recruiters
- call as many recruiters/employers as possible
- always follow up

Thanks for the tips! I already prepared my Resume and Cover letter. I had a lot of things missing and I think now my resume looks great. I am a little nervours talking to recruiters, but I guess as soon as I land I'll have to start calling them.

Tsveta
08-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the tips! I already prepared my Resume and Cover letter. I had a lot of things missing and I think now my resume looks great. I am a little nervours talking to recruiters, but I guess as soon as I land I'll have to start calling them.

There is nothing to be nervous about. The best thing to do when you get the voice mail (which will be very often) is to read your Cover letter. This way your message will be very clear.