Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Where to settle?

Tsveta
08-07-2006, 12:36 PM
If you are new immigrant what city/province in Canada would you choose to go to?

kokhua
08-08-2006, 05:44 AM
If you are new immigrant what city/province in Canada would you choose to go to?

Definitely Vancouver! The business environment there are thrive and busy and definitely will add more job opportunities to immigrants and local natives. But do not thinking of getting very good paid job there, a good variety of job opportunities, comfortable pace and low cost of living are what suits for any new immigrants.

Tsveta
08-08-2006, 08:39 AM
I read that Vancouver is continuously loosing the battle to Calgary in Western Canada. I wouldn't suggest Vancouver to be your first choice. If you have friends and relatives there, fine but otherwise I don't see any other benefits.

lookingforjob
08-08-2006, 01:24 PM
If I have to do it again, I'll choose Toronto again ;). I don't think Vancouver is a good choice. I've heard that it's hard to get a decent paying IT job there.

Toni
08-09-2006, 09:10 AM
I read that Vancouver is continuously loosing the battle to Calgary in Western Canada. I wouldn't suggest Vancouver to be your first choice. If you have friends and relatives there, fine but otherwise I don't see any other benefits.

Completely agree.
I am in Montreal and I'm planning to move to Calgary. I applied from France to come to Quebec but now I can see that Alberta is much better. Not to mention that Montreal is not what it was before the referendum.... The companies are moving to Toronto and Ottawa and in Montreal we don’t have enough job opportunities.

lookingforjob
08-09-2006, 10:04 AM
All I know is that in Montreal the salaries are 15%-20% lower than here in Toronto (for comparable jobs). I guess it's cheaper to live in Montreal, but I don't like it there anyways ;)

bongi
08-10-2006, 10:01 AM
I voted for Toronto. I love this city. I know that almost all of the new immigrants come to Toronto.

lana
08-14-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm still thinking of moving to Vancouver. I know that the job opportunities in Toronto are much more but I like the weather, the ocean and the mountains in Vancouver. This is more important to me :)

Administrator
08-15-2006, 10:39 AM
I live in Toronto, and I really like it here ;). Don't forget that Toronto is the main engine of the Canadian economy.