Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Mat leave Resume

whattodo
08-09-2006, 10:12 AM
I am looking for a job as admin/office assistant. What will be the best approach? I am on maternity leave. Do I mention this in my resume?
Any tips appreciated

:confused:

Tsveta
08-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Of course you can mention that you are on maternity leave. As I can see from you postings here, your company no longer exists so you can just write the starting date - maternity leave. When the recruiter/employer asks for details you explain you situation. Nothing to worry about!

lana
08-14-2006, 09:46 AM
I am looking for a job as admin/office assistant. What will be the best approach? I am on maternity leave. Do I mention this in my resume?
Any tips appreciated

:confused:

I have 2 kids and was on maternity leave with both of them. I couldn't go back to my old job the first time because there was a lot of pressure and I had to work long hours. I didn't have any problems finding my current job while I was on mat. leave. ;)

Administrator
08-15-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't see any problem with mentioning your maternity leave. You can explain that you have been on maternity leave to the recruiter and they can advise you what exactly to put in your resume depending on the client they have.

whattodo
08-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions. I guess I don't have to worry about it. After all there are thousands of women like me :)

jason
08-18-2006, 12:06 PM
I have 2 kids and was on maternity leave with both of them. I couldn't go back to my old job the first time because there was a lot of pressure and I had to work long hours. I didn't have any problems finding my current job while I was on mat. leave. ;)

Hi lana, How long it took you to find your current job?

lana
08-19-2006, 01:01 PM
It took me one month which is relatively fast.

Hi lana, How long it took you to find your current job?

Tsveta
08-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions. I guess I don't have to worry about it. After all there are thousands of women like me :)

Hi whattodo,
Any luck with the job search?

whattodo
08-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Thank you all for your interest.
I have an interview on Wednesday for a company downtown!!!!
I'll need all my luck though. I don't feel very confident and I thing I forgot how to talk to people… After almost a year with my baby at home I now know only baby songs …
The thing is that I won’t need to drive if I get the job I will use the subway which is a great benefit for me!

jojoba
09-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Hi whattodo,

So how did it go? What was the impression they gave you? Did you like the company?

whattodo
09-06-2006, 09:18 AM
:) Hi, I liked the company and I think the interview went really well (I don't know what was I afraid of…)
They told me they'll make their decision by the 15-th. I hope they'll call me.
I followed up with the recruiter by the way. They had 5 more interviews, so keep your fingers crossed for me.
I have one more interview next Monday!!!
:)