Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Do you need a license to be a recruiter in Canada?

volzola
08-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum, and was wondering if you need a license to be a recruiter in Canada?

cheers,
Volzola

Tsveta
08-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Hi Volzola,
As far as I know you don't need a license to be a recruiter. It will be a great benefit if you have some kind of HR training and sales.
Are you in Canada?

volzola
08-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Thank you.

Yes I am in Canada. I do have some HR training. Are there some sites you can refer me to?

Tsveta
08-11-2006, 10:03 AM
There is a list of recruiting agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1).

I hope this will help you.

lookingforjob
08-18-2006, 09:41 AM
I don't think you need a license to be recruiter either. Usually you will work for already established placement agency and more experienced recruiters will show you the ropes.

futurepop
09-25-2006, 10:00 AM
All I can think of is that you need training in HR and Sales. After all you are selling peoples skills. Maybe you should specialize in some area because to be a good recruiter you need to know how to recognize the good from the bad apples.

Jim
09-26-2006, 08:50 AM
People skills, communication skills, are very important even if you don't have much training. In what industry are you looking to get a job as a recruiter?

Excel_Personnel
09-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum, and was wondering if you need a license to be a recruiter in Canada?

cheers,
Volzola

Hello Volzola,
While it is true there is no requirement for licencing, you may wish to look at the ACSESS website for industry information and their CPC program.

Quoting from ACSESS website:
ASSOCIATION OF CANADIAN SEARCH, EMPLOYMENT & STAFFING SERVICES (ACSESS) LAUNCHES NEW CERTIFICATION PROGRAM

Mississauga, Ontario, April 28, 2006 - The Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) designation is proof of qualification in the professional search and placement and staffing services industries. Recognized across North America and in other locations worldwide, CPC programs are established and administered by country staffing industry associations.