Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Immediately resigning from my job

ccpigott
10-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Hello!

I've been at my job for four months and am now going to resign. I have experienced bullying and other behaviour from my boss (and her boss), that has caused me to go home most nights and cry. It is affecting my relationship and due to an incident this past Thursday, I wish to just cut all ties with them. I don't mind burning my bridges in this case due to the emotional stress they have caused me.

Upon being hired, I informed them I would require three weeks vacation. This vacation was for my wedding and honeymoon. I never would have taken the job if I wasn't provided with the vacation. Everything was fine until a week before my wedding, my boss was concerned I was going to quit, as it's happened before, when I got back. I was told that if I do quit after taking all of this vacation, they will be upset and I will have to pay it back. I didn't sign an agreement. I now would like to submit my resignation immediately. The reason for 'immediately' is because I don't feel emotionally fit enough to stand their reactions. I think it's for the best to leave without having to see the place again. However, I'm worried I'll get sued or something for the vacation.

has anyone been through anything similar?

Tsveta
10-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Before you submit your resignation you can take a look at the Ontario Legislation (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=4&sp=4) to be sure they have no grounds to sue you. They probably only threaten you but you never know. If you feel uncomfortable at work you should quit. Also you can call Employment Standards Information Centre at
416-326-7160 (Greater Toronto Area).

mishraonnet
10-30-2008, 12:57 AM
I will suggest that personal life comes first after that you can search another job and you have to search better job in which your personal and professional life do not mixed up.:)