Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : I need advice...

daufoi
10-24-2008, 11:36 AM
I was recently let go from my job after 6 months. The problem was my supervisor was not communicating effectively but they claimed that it was my work ethic. I have worked in the industry 7 years and have never had a problem with my work ethic. In fact, people who know me know that it is one of my strong points. On the same day I was let go, I received a phone call from a hiring manager for a position I had applied for earlier. They are still under the impression that I am working. If I am offered the job, will they call HR at the company that just let me go, for employment dates, salary, etc? I don't really want to tell them I was let go because it wasn't really my fault. As I said, people who know me know I have a good work ethic and also this supervisor had problems with the previous person who held this position (although I do not know the details).

daufoi
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
No one knows what I should do?

Tsveta
10-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Did they give you a Record of Employment? On this ROE form there are reasons for the contract termination and the employer have to fill out the form and give it to you. You can use this form to apply for welfare if you stay unemployed certain amount of time.
I don't think they will call the company but they may need this REO.

mishraonnet
10-30-2008, 12:52 AM
I was recently let go from my job after 6 months. The problem was my supervisor was not communicating effectively but they claimed that it was my work ethic. I have worked in the industry 7 years and have never had a problem with my work ethic. In fact, people who know me know that it is one of my strong points. On the same day I was let go, I received a phone call from a hiring manager for a position I had applied for earlier. They are still under the impression that I am working. If I am offered the job, will they call HR at the company that just let me go, for employment dates, salary, etc? I don't really want to tell them I was let go because it wasn't really my fault. As I said, people who know me know I have a good work ethic and also this supervisor had problems with the previous person who held this position (although I do not know the details).

Contract Termination could be any time from company you have to complete some formalities of company according to your joining letter. You can also try for jobs in other companies if they asked for reason of leaving then you can said that my supervisor behavior was not good. :)