Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : what is it like in winnipeg or regina?

monggomasus
08-16-2006, 12:34 AM
Hi, everyone.

I am thinking of going to Vancouver although I know there are more jobs in Calgary and Toronto. Does anyone know what is the job market like in Manitoba and Saskatchewan? The latest labor figures showed that Manitoba and Saskatchewan was as low as Alberta and B.C. So are there a lot of jobs in Manitoba and Saskatchewan? If they have the jobs, I am just thinking that it is a better place to look for a job because the cost of living way much lower than in Alberta or B.C. Well, I would appreciate your comments because I still have not decided on my final destination in Canada although I am leaning towards B.C/Vancouver.

Tsveta
08-16-2006, 08:26 AM
It is true that the cost of living in Manitoba will be lower comparing to Calgary and Toronto but your salary will be lower too. In Toronto you make more and you spend more :)

lookingforjob
08-17-2006, 08:28 AM
The job market in Manitoba might be different for different industries. What is your profession? Province like Manitoba where the population is low compared to Ontario and Quebec, might have shortage of skilled workers...

contractor
08-17-2006, 10:10 AM
The job market in Manitoba might be different for different industries. What is your profession? Province like Manitoba where the population is low compared to Ontario and Quebec, might have shortage of skilled workers...

It is really important what your profession is. Canada needs skilled workers anyway. Are you looking for a full time or contract position?