Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Job interview (bringing notes?)

Krisztina
11-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi there!
Do you think I may bring my notes for a job interview and read it during the conversation to be sure to answer correctly?
Thank you in advance!

lana
11-20-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't think this will be a good idea. You can refer to your notes if you have phone interview but otherwise I wouldn't do it.

RSTech
11-26-2008, 12:33 PM
I have always brought a list of questions I have for the company I'm interviewing with, usually neatly typed and very specific. After all an interview isn't a one way conversation. However bringing notes that you intend to read may not go over so well. You should be able to answer questions about yourself without referring to notes. I would say it is acceptable to have a copy of your resume in front of you so if you are asked about specific dates from past employment or education they are readily available.

What were you planning on putting on the notes? If you really want to bring notes I would suggest you type them up and also bring copies for the people who are interviewing you.

SDuncan
12-06-2008, 10:05 AM
It is not a good idea to bring notes. You can certanly refer to your Resume for some specific dates but to bring notes will mean that you are not confident enough. Don't do it.

Swift
12-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Its ok to bring a list of questions you may have for the company. It s not ok to bring notes regarding the interview. I suggest you really practice your presentation skills infront of a mirror to polish your presentations skills and monitor your body language. You could also video tape yourself play back and mentally get rid of all the ummmsss.

jhonny07
01-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Nope this would be too much over acting for you to do, It might just annoy your interviewer all you have to bring with you during a job interview is confidence

jerryvn01
07-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Nope this would be too much over acting for you to do, It might just annoy your interviewer all you have to bring with you during a job interview is confidence

Hi,

I do not agreed with you. Any way, your ideal make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Apart from that, this link below may be useful: Financial interview questions (http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/finance-interview-questions)
Please try to keep posting. Tks and best regards