Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Chances of getting job using spousal open work permit

mprags04
11-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Hello everybody,

I am a new member of this forum, I have few queries regarding getting job in Canada. Hopefully I'll get some replies.... :)

I am having a spousal open work permit and have masters degree in computer Sc. over that have 4 yrs of experience in a major IT company in India. I registered in almost all the leading job sites, but not getting a single interview call.

Is it happening because of spousal open work permit? Any body in this forum wrking in IT holding open workpermit?

Please let me know. We r new to this place, so do not know any body.

Thanks.

Tsveta
11-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi there, are you in Canada or in India?

mprags04
11-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi Tsveta,

Thnx for your reply, yeah I am in Toronto now and have an open work permit valid till 2010.

Tsveta
11-24-2008, 08:46 AM
You should be more persistent and contact recruiters and employers yourself. Don't wait for someone to call you. You have to make at least 20 calls a day to get a job and especially in this difficult economic times...

Neo Novali
03-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi Tsveta,

I am also new here in Canada and just arrived last Feb. 24, 2009 from the Philippines. I just want to ask the details of coming here using the spousal open work permit. I have a work permit for two years as a low skilled contract worker. Can I also invite my wife to come here in Canada as what your status is? If yes, may I also ask the requirements... thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Neo

rjdaks
04-02-2009, 08:06 AM
does working permit really is necessary?i dont think so!!!:confused:

i think it also depend to what job you are suppose to be in