Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : hello every everyone. I am a new comer, may you give me some advise on ob hunting?

anthony
08-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I came canada 3 month ago from china, I am looking for a position of power elecronics/power converter engineer, would you like give me some suggestions? thanks a lot!:)

Administrator
08-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi Anthony,

Welcome to Canada and to Job Forum!

Which city do you live in? How many years of experience do you have?
I'll try to find you some job agencies dealing with engineers and I'll post linkt on their websites here.

Tsveta
08-19-2006, 12:58 PM
I came canada 3 month ago from china, I am looking for a position of power elecronics/power converter engineer, would you like give me some suggestions? thanks a lot!:)

Hi antony,
Have you tried looking for a job through employment agencies?
here is a list of employment agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1)and if you type "engineering" in the search box on the right you'll find about fifty recruiting agencies specializing in this field.
My suggestion is to call them, send them your Resume and Cover letter and follow up the next day.
Did you try the online job banks in Canada?

anthony
08-20-2006, 09:57 AM
I am living in Montreal and i am willing to relocate upon job request.
I have 8 years experience on power electronics research and power converter development. The latest company I worked with is Delta Electronics Inc. which is the word No.1 provider of switching power supplies. I worked in its R&D centre for 3 years. I have ever developed server power supplies for Intel, HP and Toshiba.
I do believe I am qualified for an engineer in Canada also, but I did not find the gate to go in till now. I have send out many resume through Monster, Workopolice .... etc,but received no reply. I do not know why,

Tsveta
08-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Do you have an online Resume? This will help you with your job search. Also try to call the recruiters and talk to them. If you send only emails you narrow your chances in your job search.

anthony
08-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Yes I have build online resume, but there is few reviewed times. I wonder if the opportunity in such area is low?

lookingforjob
08-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Hi Anthony,

Make sure to update your resume on both workopolis and monster at least once a week. In my experience recruiters tend to look at recently updated resumes/profiles first.

contractor
08-21-2006, 09:50 AM
You have to work on several fronts. Update your resume regularly, contact recruiters every day and leave them detailed messages, send emails and follow up, go through the new job postings at the major job banks, that sort of thing.

anthony
08-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Thank you all! :) I will do as you told. If you have other good suggestion, please do not forget to tell me!

anthony
08-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Before can I find a professional job, I want find some temperary general work, ie labour work, such as packaging work, assemblying work, warehouse helping...etc. Who can tell me? the employeer's phone number? web?...
I am living in Montreal. Thanks a lot! :)

Tsveta
08-22-2006, 08:52 AM
There is an employment agency called Labor Ready - www.laborready.com/default.aspx Their number for Canada is 1-888-245-2267. Or search the employment agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1)list and find recruiters specializing in part time jobs.

anthony
08-30-2006, 12:06 PM
:) thanks a lot