Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Canadian students have high standards

Tsveta
08-21-2006, 12:14 PM
I’ve read an interesting article about the Canadian students and what they expect form their future employers. It turns out that our students know very well what they want and have high expectations. According to the study the ideal employer should be a leader in his industry, has to encourage innovation and improvement and has to maintain high ethical standards. They also look for a secure employment and competitive compensation. The top five desired employers are: Ernst & Young, KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte and Microsoft. Google and Air Canada are among the top ten as well. The most desired industries are Accounting and the Government and the top three cities to work in are Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.

I find this study very intriguing. I have always thought that the young people are far more adventurous!

metoo
08-21-2006, 12:53 PM
I don't think that there is such thing as secure employment. You can lose your job with any corporation, for various reasons. For example you don't perform your job duties well. Unfortunately you can lose your job, even if you are the perfect employee if the economy goes bad.

jojoba
08-22-2006, 09:00 AM
This is an interesting study. Do you know which Universities participated in that study? I am a little surprised that the top desired industries are working for the Government - handling paperwork for them and Accounting. This stuff is really boring, isn't it?;)
What surprises me most is that Air Canada makes it in the top ten. They are under bankruptcy protection, what job security is that?