Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Immigrating to Canada..

RooBot
08-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Hi folks, this is my first post.. hoooorah.

I'm curently living in England and am shortly applying for a short term working visa but I'm a little bewildered by the amount of sites offering me JOBSJOBSJOBS!

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Roo.

lookingforjob
08-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi RooBot,

You can check monster.ca and workopolis.com for job offers.
You can also contact Canadian recruitment agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1) and find out more about the job market in Canada.

Which city are you planning to go to?

What is your profession?

RooBot
08-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks for replying :)

I'm mainly involved in IT, hardware mostly, but also network installations, management etc.

Tsveta
08-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi, there are lots of job opportunities for IT. How long are you planning to stay?

lookingforjob
08-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks RooBot,

Do you need to find a job in Canada before applying for this short term working visa, or can you get the visa, come to Canada and then start looking for job?

Is there a standard period for this type of visa?

I got a friend of mine who is software developer and might be interested in coming to Canada on short term working visa.

Thanks for your help!

RooBot
08-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Hi, there are lots of job opportunities for IT. How long are you planning to stay?

Hey Tsveta, as long as possible really.

The reason I need to be there is my fiancee is in university in Toronto you see.

RooBot
08-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Thanks RooBot,

Do you need to find a job in Canada before applying for this short term working visa, or can you get the visa, come to Canada and then start looking for job?

Is there a standard period for this type of visa?

I got a friend of mine who is software developer and might be interested in coming to Canada on short term working visa.

Thanks for your help!

Helloooo, you'll need to have a job offer in writing first, which also has the be verified by the HRSDC.

I'm pretty sure they are maximum of a year, although I could be wrong, I know that the visa officer can vary the conditions of a visa upon arrival.

Temporary working visas tend to be quicker but again you'll need a firm job offer.

:)

jason
08-24-2006, 02:00 PM
I have a friend who found a job in Calgary, she is an auditor, and she got a work permit. I guess she can extend that work permit and later apply for citizenship...