Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : how to find the hidden job market??

windrider
08-25-2006, 01:10 PM
hi, guys

does any of you guys know the tricks to find the hidden job market?? coz i know that 85% of the jobs are in the hidden job market.

Thanks a lot;)

Tsveta
09-21-2006, 08:39 AM
hi, guys

does any of you guys know the tricks to find the hidden job market?? coz i know that 85% of the jobs are in the hidden job market.

Thanks a lot;)

We have a new section Job Offers (http://www.jobforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
You can check that out.
What is your profession? What kind of job are you looking for?

lookingforjob
09-21-2006, 09:15 AM
hi, guys

Thanks a lot;)

I don't think that 85% of the jobs are in the hidden job market. I know this is a popular myth, but in my opinion it's simply not true. I would say that around 15-20% of the jobs can be categorized as hidden jobs part of the hidden job market. For example if I'm working on an IT contract and my boss needs another IT contractor, he can ask me if I know somebody with the proper skill set for this position. If I have a friend who fits the job description and the required experience and he/she gets hired, this will be a job part of the hidden job market, because this position was never advertised.

In reality most jobs in big companies go through employment agencies, and as such they are not part of the hidden job market.

jojoba
09-21-2006, 12:19 PM
I think lookingfor job is right. I don't believe that only 15% of the jobs are advertized. It is true that the employer has to go through a lot of hassle - hire the recruiters, they have to submit the job posting, screen the candidates and so on but this is part of the hiring process.

comehome
09-22-2006, 07:47 AM
I think it's very hard to determine what percentage of the job market are hidden jobs. I don't see how you can measure that.

contractor
09-27-2006, 09:48 AM
The entire "hidden job market" thing is a little exaggerated. And besides if a friend tells a friend that they are looking for a person to fill a particular position how are you going to find out if you are not THE Friend? The only suggestion that I have is to do more networking, meet a lot of people and when you are looking for a job make sure you tell all the people you know.