Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks In Advance

frenger
08-28-2006, 01:10 PM
I have a bunch of questions. can anyone help me?
I'll try to be straight to the point!

1. I've read different processing times for permanent residency applications wherever I go. I was told by a reliable source about 18 months. I then saw on their site that the London High Commission would take 39 months before they get back to you. So what is the real answer? I seem to score about 70 points on the online test thing.

2. If I were to get a temp work visa, and a job offer i.e at a bank, would I be able to extend my visa and somehow turn it into a permanent solution?

3. A friend told me that it takes 1 year to apply to Toronto, and 2 years to apply to Vancouver. He said that he got a job offer in toronto, moved there after a year of processing, and then relocated to BC. Is this possible?

4. What is the best way to go about securing a job offer in Canada? It seems to be rather impossible to me. It's hard enough to get one in your own country when you can go for an interview. So how is it done?

5. A friend of mine is a bank manager in Vancouver. Would a job there be fit for HRSDC approval?

Sorry if all these have been answered before.
So like I said, thanks in advance.

Tsveta
08-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi,
The processing times for independent immigrant visa is different everywhere. It depends on how busy the embassy is and it doesn’t matter where in Canada you want to go. It could be from 1 to 4 years. I also depends on how correct are the documents you are sending them. If they need additional documents it will slow your application.

If you have a work permit I guess later you can apply for a Permanent residence but you have to check that with the embassy because I don't know what period of time qualifies you to apply.

It is never easy to find a job remotely but you can try. A job offer form a bank is perfectly alright.

frenger
08-29-2006, 01:41 PM
thanks for the reply.
do you know from experience as moderator to this site, how long on average it is taking british citizens approvel of PR to Canada?

And is the Skilled Worker the best way?

Would the fact I had a girl friend who lives there be of any help?
We never lived together as she was a student at UBC.
I knew her for a year.
I am visiting her in September for 2 weeks?
Could we move in together and claim common law?
We arent ready to get married but we are serious about things.

Tsveta
08-30-2006, 07:51 AM
Hi,
The processing time depends only on how busy the embassy is.
It makes no difference a citizenship of which country you are. The least processing time is about a year.
I would suggest applying as Skilled Worker Class Immigration.
You can always apply for sponsorship if you have a common law partner who is Canadian citizen too. It can take longer though.
Here is the official Canadian Citizenship and Immigration web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.html
You can find an answer to all your questions there or you can contact them by phone. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.html