Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : planner-ahead seeking help

PeterM
09-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Hello, I'm Peter,

I'd like to make sure I'm getting this right.

I know I'm planning way ahead, but bear with me. :)
I want to be a Canadian citizen and I think the best thing for me is to do it through the Skilled Worker programme. Now, right now I don't have any work experience but I will do in four or five years.

So let's suppose it's the year 2010 and I have four years of work experience, and I want to apply for citizenship. In what year will the paperwork be ready for my moving to Canada? Or, should I start filing for citizenship in 2009 and check "3 years of work experience" on the skilled worker assessment? I mean, I will start going to college next year and I will have 4 years ahead of me so I'm trying to figure what's the best way not to waste any time after I graduate.

Thanks, and thanks for answering all other people's questions because they've helped me too.

Tsveta
09-03-2006, 01:33 PM
First and most important is through which embassy are you going to apply?
If the embassy is very busy it will take longer to process your application.
Your documents should be in tip top shape because every additional document that may be required from the embassy will slow down your application.

PeterM
09-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Hi there, Tsveta.
That would be the Brazilian Embassy. Do you know anything about it? Can you help me estimate when should I begin applying for it?

Tsveta
09-05-2006, 09:04 AM
The best thing to do is to call the embassy. On average the whole process takes about 2-3 years but I can't give any advice when to submit your application because there are many reasons for a delay; the embassy is very busy; your documents may not be in order; they need additional documents supporting your application, etc...