Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions plz help

HelpWithJob
09-06-2006, 11:19 AM
hello all,

i am new to thie forum and would like some help. to begin with, today I had an interview with C&S promotions and they the interviewer was not there, but I spoke with the secretary. She asked me to come in tomorrow and shadow (work with) the boss for the day (for free) as part of the interview to see if I like the job. Is that considered odd? Has anyone heard of the company? Could it be a scam/waste of time? please advise.

thxs

katkat
09-06-2006, 10:40 PM
I have not heard of that company but I do know that an unpaid orientation day is very common. It helps the employee to see whether the job is for them and it saves the employer having to train someone and having them quit because they dont like it.

The good news is that if they have you comming in for that probably means they want you to have the job

lana
09-07-2006, 02:33 PM
It is odd that the interviewer was not there. Did you have an appointment with him for an interview? Did you like the company?
You are not loosing anything if you go for a day.

RRCSTUDENT
09-29-2006, 01:05 PM
No, it's not unheard of Job Shadowing, but I don't like the fact the interviewer wasn't there!!! Was this a second interview? Did they try to call you to tell you, or did you just go and get turned away???? I don't know how long ago this was, but keep your eyes open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!