Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for Java Software Developer job

maxim
02-18-2009, 06:18 AM
Hello everybody,

I am looking for Java software developer job.
Unfortunately, I am not citizen of Canada, but I really want to change citizenship and live with my wife and daughter in Canada.

So, the following is my resume. I will appreciate if you take a look on it.
TY.

Note: In resume, company names have been replaced with 'Company, Inc' or 'Company, GmbH'. If you need more information I'll send in private mode.

Objective:

Development of distributed software applications using object oriented technologies. I would like to work in the following areas:

Project Manager
Java Software Engineering
Java Software Architect
Java Software Developer

Experience Summary:

8 years experience in the information technology industry with expertise in architecture, analysis, design and development. Worked extensively in database development, object oriented programming using Java, C# languages, MSSQL, Oracle database servers on Linux and Windows NT/2000 operating systems.

Skills:

Languages:Java, C#, Borland Delphi, PHP, SQL
Distributed Computing: Weblogic, JBOSS, Enterprise Java Beans, Web-Services, XML/XSL, JMS, JNDI, JSP/JSTL, JTA
Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, FireBird
Software Design: UML, Agile, Patterns, Anti-patterns
Software/IDE/Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Visio, Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, Sybase PowerDesigner, Zend, etc.

Education:

M.S. in Physics, with major in physics, minor in radiophysics, Simferopol State University
Ukraine, Crimea, Simferopol, Sep 1993 - July 1998

Certification:

Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition - Essay Exam (CX-310-061), May 2007
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition - Assignment (CX-310-300A), February 2007
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition - Multiple Choice exam (CX-310-051), September 2006

Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform 1.4 (CX-310-035), January 26 2004

Employment History:

Company, Inc
Nov 2006 to present
Project Manager, Software Architect, Software Engineer

Project: SpScape
Apr 2008 to present
Environment:Java, ActionScript, Spring, Hibernate, DWR (AJAX), Apache POI, Amazon, iText, JavaMail, Flex
Databases: MySQL
Project Description:
Spinscape is a service dedicated to providing people with an application that they can use to brainstorm, auto-discover information, collaborate, tag, and annotate over information.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible to communicate with customer and to control the following internal teams: Java team, Flex team, ART team, QA team.

Project: eBank
May 2007 to Mar 2008
Environment: Java, DWR (AJAX), Spring-MVC, Spring, JOSSO, XML/XSL, JavaMail, FOP, servlets
Databases: Oracle
Project Description:
Internet Bank designed to manage real bank accounts via the Internet. The system provides its users with a package of banking services in real-time from anywhere in the world.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for architecture design, development of the data access and processing core, tuning of the application. Also I was responsible to control the following internal teams: Java team, ART team, QA team.

Project: Reporting Framework
Feb 2007 to Apr 2007
Environment:Java, GWT (Google Web Toolkit - AJAX), Eclipse BIRT, Spring, JOSSO, iText, JavaMail
Databases: MSSQL
Project Description:
Reporting Framework allows developers to create roles-based reports that provide the user with the exact knowledge he needs in your job function. During the development the following reports are created: department manager reports for specific departments (such as legal, human resources, product management, etc.) and compliance level reports for compliance/security officers.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for architecture design and development of framework core. Also I supervised four software developers.

Project: VIP Administration
Nov 2006 to Jan 2007
Environment: Java, Spring-MVC, JOSSO, JSP, XML, JavaMail
Project Description:
VIP Administration is a completely web-based administration tool allowing controlled delegation of user and group management activities to all defined roles including customers and partners.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for architecture design and development of the data access. Also I supervised three software developers.

maxim
02-21-2009, 04:05 AM
Second Part of Resume

Company, Inc
Feb 2003 to Oct 2006
Software Architect, Senior Java Developer

Project: ActivePages
Nov 2004 to Oct 2006
Environment: Java, Struts, Velocity, Axis, POI, FOP, Spring, Hibernate, Classifier4J, jTidy, servlets, EJB, Web-services, XML, JavaMail, RSS
Databases: MySQL, FireBird, Oracle
Project Description:
ActivePages allows users with minimal technical skills to create their own composite applications by "mashing" together elements from multiple sources using a simple point-and-click interface. Using a browser, users can interlink custom forms, data fields, spreadsheet cells, Web-service results, Web pages, forum threads, chat sessions, Google maps, etc. The result is a complete, highly custom Web application, with optional page layouts. This can all be done without programming, and in a matter of minutes. Users of ActivePages can categorize WEB pages, create digests from a set of WEB pages and share own data to users communities. For developers, ActivePages has powerful public API based on EJB and Web-services.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for architecture design, database design, development of the data access and processing core, tuning of the application, writing of session beans. Also I supervised three software developers.

Project: Snap Notes
Aug 2004 to Oct 2004
Environment: Java, Struts, Velocity, Axis, Spring, Hibernate, iText, servlets, EJB, Web-services, XML
Databases: MySQL, Oracle
Project Description:
SnapNotes is an application which creates discussion projects based on DoDemo documents. All projects can be separated by categories for logical linking of projects together. Main users of SnapNotes are managers and simple users, manager can create projects and take part in discussion and simple users can take part in discussion only. Also SnapNotes can generate PDF reports which include graphic information and results of discussions.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for architecture design, database design and development.

Project: SOA suite
Dec 2003 to Jul 2004
Environment: Java, Tapestry, Axis, Spring, Hibernate, servlets, EJB, Web-services, XML/XSL, Weblogic
Databases: Oracle
Project Description:
SOA suite is a comprehensive, ESB-based distributed services platform, providing business process management. SOA suite extends XML-based operational data management and fully integrated access to relational data sources.
SOA suite provides high-speed XML processing, storage and query services for management of ESB operational data.
A cohesive solution to the challenges of broad-scale business event and process management, SOA suite lets user dynamically connect, mediate and control services in a unified SOA suite.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for architecture design and development of the data access and processing core.

Project: RSSReader
Nov 2003 to Nov 2003
Environment: Java, Struts, Velocity, Axis, EJB, Web-services, servlets, XML, RSS 0.9, 0.91, 0.92, 1.00, 2.0, Atom, HTML, JavaScript
Project Description:
RSSReader is a program to aggregate and read RSS news feeds which are published by weblogs, podcasts, vlogs, and mainstream mass media websites. Every user of RSSReader has own private a set of RSS links which are separated by categories. For developers RSSReader has powerful API based on EJB, Web-service.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for design and development of RSSReader.

Project: Content Management System
Feb 2003 to Oct 2003
Environment: Java, Struts, Velocity, Slide, Axis, Lucene, POI, servlets, EJB, Web-services, XML, JavaMail, FTP, JMS, JACOB (JAVA-COM Bridge that allows you to call COM Automation components from Java)
Databases: MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle
Project Description:
Content Management System is a combination of large database, file system and other related software modules which are used to store and later retrieve huge amounts of data. This system is different from the databases in the sense that this can index text, MS documents, PDF, audio clips, video clips, or images in a database. Users of the content management system can find relevant content from within a database by searching for keywords, category, date of creation, size, version, rating, etc. The Content Management System can also be used to create information portals which serve as the backbone of data management. Along with the database handling facilities, the software modules also allows anyone to contribute information to a website via a graphical user interface (GUI). At the company level, Content Management System store and manage an organization electronic document and Web content so that the employee of the company can reuse the information across different applications. For developers, Content Management System has powerful public API.
Each user in this system has its own private area and many services like subscription for changes of content, retrieving huge amounts of data as a compressed file and etc.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for architecture design, development and writing of testing plan for quality assurance team.

maxim
02-21-2009, 04:07 AM
Third Part Of Resume

Company, GmbH
Jan 2000 to Jan 2003
Java/C#/C++ Developer

Project: Konferenz Raum Planner
Jul 2002 to Jan 2003
Environment: C#, XML/XSL
Project Description:
Konferenz Raum Planner is a powerful conference and meeting rooms scheduling system that lets user effortlessly schedule events groups meetings and conference rooms. The Konferenz Raum Planner plans rooms and decides how to arrange all of elements of interior to make best use of the space customer of room have got. Also Konferenz Raum Planner calculates rent cost of room and elements of interior.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for UI development and development of the data access and processing core.

Project: Progressive Vote Tracking System
Dec 2001 to Jun 2002
Environment: Java, Struts, JSP, Web-services, XML/XSL
Project Description:
Progressive vote tracking system gives status of ongoing votes and previous votes for The White House.
The status of votes includes all important dates and the necessary rules for passage.
The results of previous votes (closed resolutions) include the outcome as well as a list of all people who voted and what their vote was.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible to develop Progressive Vote Tracking system.

Project: eBay explorer
Jun 2001 to Nov 2001
Environment: C#, ASP.NET
Project Description:
eBay explorer accesses to the advanced eBay search features and easily save and navigate searches on user terms. User can even sync your eBay Watches and Bids with one click access.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for development of eBay explorer.

Project: Online Learning Center
Feb 2001 to May 2001
Environment: Java, XML/XSL
Databases: MySQL
Project Description:
Online Learning Center is a highly customized LMS (Learning Management System). It allows personnel to create and deliver high quality distance learning on any number of topics. In addition, Online Learning Center creates communities of learning by extending the learning experience with discussion groups.
Responsibilities:
My responsibilities included development of data access layer and business logic processing layer plus teaching of client’s customers how to use the tool.

Project: Spam Protector
Jul 2000 to Jan 2001
Environment: Delphi, PHP
Technologies: POP3, SMTP, IMAP4, SSL
Project Description:
Spam Protector creates a POP3 gateway between e-mail client and real POP3 server, performing all the work on cleaning mailboxes from spam mail. User can introduce his or her own changes in the settings of the Spam Protector application by expanding the list of "dangerous" servers, editing black and white lists of addresses and creating custom lists. This Spam Protector program can work with several mailboxes at the same time and allows tuning the Spam Protector filters for each account separately. Main features of Spam Protector are:
- Integration with any e-mail client(Outlook, The Bat!, Eudora, etc)
- Microsoft Address Book, The Bat! address book, Mozilla address book e-mail import
- Unlimited number of protected mailboxes
- Possibility to automatically send confirmation letters to find out that unknown sender is not a spam robot
- Customizable entrusted list of people, who definitely don't send spam
- Customizable prohibited list of people, who definitely send spam
- Possibility to add pluggins which add algorithms of mails filtering
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for address books import, developing of algorithms for Emails filtering for white, black and unknown list, developing of pluggins architecture. Also I developed purchase Web application module using PHP.

Project: System Watcher
Jun 2000 to Jun 2000
Environment: C++
Project Description:
System Watcher is a windows service, which connects to the directories and watches for specific changes within them, such as creation of new files, addition of subdirectories and renaming of files or subdirectories. Information of all changes within a directory inserts to database.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible to develop System Watcher.

Project: IM Client
Feb 2000 to May 2000
Environment: C++, ActiveX
Project Description:
IM Client is an instant messaging application which connects to instant messaging services and exchanges data by XML-based protocol. Users can create multiple connections to the same service, and can also group connections under separate identities.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for development.

Project: 3D Converter
Jan 2000 to Jan 2000
Environment: OpenGL, Formats - 3DS,ASC
Project Description:
3D Converter is an application that can view and generate code which describes 3D model for the most common programming languages like Java, Borland Delphi and C++. Also 3D converter can simplify model before code generating.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for development of 3D converter.

Company, Inc
Nov 1998 to Dec 1999
FoxPro Software Developer

Project: Tax return circulation module
Nov 1998 to Dec 1999
Environment: FoxPro
Databases: dBase
Project Description:
This is a part of big system of tax department. The module allows assembling document from input fields that could be filled by the owner of the document. After a completed circulation tax department has a completely filled document.
Responsibilities:
I was responsible for development of Tax return circulation module.

Languages:

Russian - native
English - reading and writing are good, speaking on base level
Ukrainian - good

Personal Info:

I am 32.
I have citizenship of Ukraine. Married.

mbusel@gmail.com