Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : interview and relocation

SDuncan
09-11-2006, 09:09 AM
I was called for an interview in different city and the company is willing to pay my ticket and expenses to go for the interview. If I get the job I’ll have to relocate. Is it worth it to go to that interview because I am not sure I want to relocate and if I get the job I will feel guilty that I’m missing the chance (the company is good and the money are good).
What would you do?
Thanks

Tsveta
09-12-2006, 08:55 AM
You have to set your priorities clear. What is more important to you? Is your job more important or is it the place where you live?
When you answer this question you'll know what to do. If you want the job obviously you'll have to relocate. Ask them is there any possibility of working remotely and going there once a month. If you don't want to relocate just pass the opportunity, don’t waste your time!

lana
09-12-2006, 09:14 AM
I would relocate, if I like the new place. If you want to work for that company I don't see why not give it a try. Can you work remotely? Where is the company located if you don't mind me asking?

SDuncan
09-13-2006, 08:34 AM
If I can't work remotely I won't go to that interview because I don't want to relocate. I've made up my mind on this one :)
It is not the last job on Earth!

Thank you for your inputs, I appreciate it!

lana
09-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi Stephen, what happened? Did you talk to them?

bongi
09-18-2006, 09:33 AM
I would relocate, if I like the job and the company. I will miss my friends but it's a challenge. If you don’t have any family there is really nothing to stop you.

SDuncan
09-22-2006, 12:37 PM
It is not going to work with that company. They need somebody in the office...
Honestly I don't understand this, in this era with computers and Internet more and more people are working remotely. Commuting will be over in a decade...
Anyway I am still happy with my current job.